CM10134 - CM50147: Programming 1
Academic year 2004-2005
- Unit Lecturer: Dr. Marina De Vos
- Unit Tutors:
- Andy Carnell
- Tom Crick
- Adam Dziedzic
- Carl O'Dwyer
- Martin Owen
- Yi Song
- Mark Wood
- Course Text:
David J. Barnes and Michael Kolling
Objects First with Java. A Practical Introduction using BlueJ
Pearson Education, 2003
- Additional Book:
Thinking in Java, 3rd Edition
Free online copy:
Pre-course Material: Pre-Course Material
- Unix/Linux Intro: Introduction to Unix/Linux
This is general mailing list for this
unit. Everybody will be on it.
Please send me
an email if you want to be included.
This list can be used for general purpose questions regarding this unit.
firstname.lastname@example.org This mailing list can be used to only
contact the tutors/leturer of this unit.
This list should be used to submit lab sheets in case you could not attend the lab due to illness or other mitigating circumstances. Furthermore, more specific questions regarding courseworks can be posted on this list.
- Exam: Answer three question out five (four for the Msc Student) on the more theoretical issues of programming
- Coursework: Write four medium sized programs in an object oriented way using the design methods we discussed in the lectures
Your lab status can be checked here.
- Lecture 1: Objects and Classes:
- Lecture 2: Understanding Class Definitions:
- Lecture 3: Object Interaction:
- Lecture 4: Grouping Objects:
- Lecture 5: More Sophisticated Behaviour:
- Lecture 6: Desiging Classes:
- Lecture 7: Improving Structure with Inhertitance:
- Lecture 8: More about Inheritance:
- Lecture 9: Further Abstraction Techniques:
- Lecture 10: Handling Errors:
- Lecture 11: Designing Applications:
- Lecture 12: Revision: Previous Exam Paper (PDF) and the solutions