The following tasks have been designed to get you started with Python.
Do not worry if not everything is clear to you. We will
explain everything in more detail during the lectures.
- Read the first chapter of ``Dive into Python''
- Follow the instructions to install your favourite Python environment
- Run Python. To test type ``print 1 + 1'' and see what happens
- Implement your first ``program'': Hello World
- Read chapters 1-3 of the ``How to think like a Computer Scientists''
and section 2.1 of the ``Dive into Python book''.
- Try some of the exercises set in those chapters.