The following tasks have been designed to get you started with Python.
Do not worry if not everything is clear to you. We will
explain things in more detail during the lectures.
- Read the first chapter of "Dive into Python"
- Follow the instructions to install your favourite Python
- Run Python. To test type "print 1 + 1" and see what happens
- Read chapters 1-3 of the "How to think like a Computer Scientists"
and section 2.1 of the "Dive into Python book".
- Try the exercises set in those chapters.
Marina De Vos