The following tasks have been designed to get you started with Python.
Do not worry if things are not clear. Everything in more detail during the lectures.
- Read the first chapter of ``Dive into Python''
- Follow the instructions to install your favourite Python environment
- Run Python. To test type ``print 1 + 1'' and see what happens
- Implement your first ``program'': Hello World
- Read chapters 1-3 of the ``How to think like a Computer Scientists''
and section 2.1 of the ``Dive into Python book''.
- Try some of the exercises set in those chapters.