The following tasks have been designed to get you accustomed to using Java and some
terminology of Java. Do not worry if some aspects are not clear. We will
explain concepts in more detail during the lectures.
- Read the first chapter of Thinking in Java and the first chapter of How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Java Version
- Install Java SDK (http://java.sun.com)
- Copy the Hello World program. Make sure your file is called Hello.java
- Compile your program using ``javac Hello.java''
- Now you can run your program using ``java Hello''
- Notice the main method. In Python we talk about functions, in Java we talk about method because they define the
behaviour of an object/class
- Do the exercise 1.2 and 1.3 in How to Think