ABODE bug/feature issues
- Rewrite About dialog:
- Version number
- Make AmonI more important than Cobalt Software
- Mention James & Steve? JB?
- +/green window feature / expand doesn't make right corner drag
- Change "action/event" to "action" in button labels.
- When delete an AP from the plan (logical or overview) don't delete it from the list of
action patterns!! May want to use later / elsewhere.
- Possibly in "validation" stage ask whether unused aggregates
should be deleted (results in check-list dialog so can delete
selectively or "all")
- Undo? (if possible)
- Competence & DC elements can contain simple actions, don't
need to be aggregates!
- need to fix the drop down / add part there.
- Triggers can contain senses and sense-acts.
- Need new primitive type: sense-act.
- Default name of new action should be SomeAction, not
- New file names should append .lap if not there already.
- Triggers rendered above other content of an element,
so you can see why/when you are doing all that...
- Retries are rendered as "0 unlimited" when there's nothing
there. It should just render as "unlimited" whether there is
nothing there or there's a negative value. It should save as a -1 since I think we've
now stopped making them optional.
- The thing in the /dist directory is not getting updated!
(Sam Partington's UT character) doesn't load now, does in ver 1.2!
- (Tell Jan
too): AP can have
Competence as final element.
- Allows setting up of competence variable state (in behaviour)
- e.g. AP: focus-attn-on-home-base, go-to-base(C).
15 February 2006
19,24 January, 2006 (no new version
ABODE since Nov., just more thoughts)
- make the print view more like the existing printouts
- Don't have bar to the left of AP elements
- put box around AP elements
- output latex?
- mac-specific -- double-click on lap file to save (open?)
- create .lap files by default?
- Drive collection types should be real time or discrete.
Probably the field should be "RealTime?" and the value yes or no.
- Each item should be allowed a comment as well as the overall
- Each item should have an option "commented out",
- shown with grey stripes through on editor,
- not shown on print
view over overview, but
- retaining its priority position & showing in logical view
- Comment associated with an element
- Any comments read by the parser and not understood should not
be flushed but appended on the global comment.
- File should be saved in OS format (e.g. no ^M on mac/linux)
- Allow competence element, DC element to be just an act (may need
to fix pyposh).
- Don't allow re-use of name from incompatable type.
- Basically, no name re-use, should plug in named object if name
from library inserted.
do action patterns look like they're in the same group on the action
pattern page? That has no semantics. Steve!
an "ant clean" to get rid of deriviative files (& then clean up the
- When you add an element into the competence page, but then change
its name there, the new AP doesn't change its name.
- Autosave!!! Show if "dirty".
- Trigger elements above
the working elements in logical view. (see when before what).
- Get rid of "set triggered action" under trigger element -- that's
done on the action, right?
- Make it easier to edit fields after adding element? (how?)
- In senses, not really enough room to change symbols for
predicates (e.g. =) into words (e.g. "equal-to")-- leave as symbol.
- Also, if value but no predicate, still show default "If = ".
- Be sure complete names show somewhere / somehow.
- Switch icon for overview/logical view?
14 November, 2005
- When you start a new script, you click on the Drive Collection,
you want to add drive elements. But it just lets you add drive
collections, competences, etc. Maybe you haven't decided what's in the drive element yet, you just
want to label it with what it will do & add its trigger.
- If you make the editing pane wider & then click on something
in the main pain, it shrinks the editing pain down again. It
should probably just pop on top (then you can shrink it down if that's
what you'd like, so they are side by side.)
- When you click on another element, the editing pane shrinks
again. It should stay the same size you set it to.
- No way to add action primitive! Have to choose from
existing list. Should have "add new" as option.
- Should also keep track of sense, act primitives mentioned.
13 October, 2005
- There's no view that really gives you the logic of the
plan. You need to be able to see the goals & triggers
behind the elements somewhere. The print view comes closest to
this but doesn't show the triggers for the competence *elements*,
including the goal.
Medium Size Problems
- We already talked about making the text bigger & the spaces
on the print version so they'd be legible even in print. I'm
currenlty thinking about legible when projected from a
laptop. One very cool feature would be if you could colour some
of the elements with your pallette widget, to draw attention to them
(either for print or for projection).
- comments per posh widget
- Remember where you were (directory) last time you opened a plan
- List of validation errors?
- Validation is really of whole tree, not just primitives.
It's just that you already know if POSH aggregates exist. Maybe say
`validate against primitives'?
- Make sure zoom buttons show when projected / tiny screen.
- reduce size of top button bar (or make collapsable)
- Redundant boxes in overview mode for competence elements ---
means you can see less on one screen.
- When parser fails to parse a file, it should tell you.
- pop up a failure window.
- give a chance to retry (let them edit in emacs & try again)
- Windows tab should give you the various plans you have open.
- Make the About menu item say what ABODE stands for.
- Make validation toggle, so can see invalid elements better again.
- Make a minimize-all button, so can straighten out lots of plans.