Procedure for setting up CW 3
Instructions for setting up Unreal Tournament 2004 bots
Assuming you have Unreal Tournament 2004 installed with the latest
The following will set you up to program bots:
1. Extract Netbeans into
2. Run Netbeans (in \bin
folder double click on netbeans)
3. Close Netbeans
4. This will create the folder
5. Extract the contents of (3)
into C:\Users\BUCS_Username\.netbeans\7.1.1 overwriting the files
6. Replace files in
c:\pogamut\ut2004 with (4)
7. Extract (1) to a folder in
your home drive. This contains the instructions and the
template bot that you will be editing
1. In C:\pogamut\UT2004 double
click on 'start-scenario.bat'
2. In C:\pogamut\UT2004 double
click on 'UT2004.bat'
3. In the game setting you can
turn ?full screen? off
4. Run Netbeans.
Fixing the broken installation that generates the yylex errors (see
forum). Do this as a safety precaution.
- Overwrite the contents of folder c:\pogamut\UT2004 with the
contents of this zip file.
- Note that this overwrites the file installed above!
- The instructions for installation work perfectly on a
- This overwrite is necessary because of the version of
UT2004 that we/BUCS installed in our lab before term
- You will get asked some questions in pop-up windows.
- Yes, Yes, to the encryption questions, then make it do an
by Jawaad, last updated 29 March 2012