last updated: 1 March 2007
CM50175 -- Research Project
This course has
Notice that there is also an HCI MSc, but they don't attend this
course, and their projects are listed elsewhere.
- To teach you about both doing and writing up a major project in
Computer Science & Multi-Media Technology.
- To give you a head start on your MSc dissertation, including
helping you find a supervisor and a topic.
- Course Schedule.
Presentation Schedule & Proposals.
- Lecture Notes & Other Useful
- Much of the information currently on this page is from
If you are very keen, feel free to have a look at it. But realize
that some of it may change!
University of Bath Page on avoiding
- Every year students have problems with these rules,
particularly students that are not from Western
cultures. This leads to having to resubmit major documents
and even to prosecution. Please take this very seriously.
course moodle page. This is used for annoucements, so be sure
you get email when stuff comes on the news forum there. If you
are not registered for this class on moodle, ask one of your
coursemates what the password is & register yourself!
Waiting to hear about project
We expect to hear about project allocation on about 5 March.
Certainly you should know early next week, and as soon as you do know
you need to:
For the mandatory seminars, the second one involves knowing (hopefully,
worst-case guessing!) your project area.
- schedule an appointment with a supervisor,
- agree a project topic,
- get your initial hints for your literature review.
page author: Joanna Bryson